Art + Design's SEO process
- Define your products and services and the goals and objectives of your business.
- A site assessment will be conducted to determine the best way to develop search engine optimization strategy for your business. Each website will require a different approach to SEO.
- Website optimization: your entire website will be optimized to include the keyphrases from the keyword process in your content on your website. This includes editing your copy to ensure it reads naturally to your visitors.
- Tracking performance - it is important to keep track of the ranking for each of your keyphrases in the search engines. Your content also needs to be updated continuously, to help enhance your rank on the search results.
- Keyword research or keyword selection process. Keyword tools are used to determine the most applicable keywords for your website. These are the keyhrases that, when used by searchers, will increase your website's chances of winning a high rank on the search engines.
- Linking building - getting a link from a related and/or reputable website is considered a vote for your services.
What is SEO
how can it increase user conversions?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO for short) is an important internet marketing strategy that any business with a website should take advantage of.
Simply having a website on the Internet will not automatically drive potential customers to your business. Your website needs to be seen by thousands of visitors who visit the search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and MSN and type in a keyphrase or search query for your particular products and/or services. This is what SEO is – making your website visible to searchers looking for your specific products and services by ranking your website highly on the search engines. This will increase the chances that these users will click on the link to your website and convert.
Conversion means something different for each business – it depends on your business goals. You want your visitors to take an active, positive role on your website. You may want visitors to download and fill out a form, download an informational PDF to increase their knowledge of a certain topic, subscribe to your newsletter, bookmark your website and ultimately purchase your products or services, which will increase your profits.
Since the internet is a powerful medium for viral marketing, a complete, and ongoing search engine optimization campaign can help you increase user visits and conversions on your website, since your visitors can do your marketing for you – as long as your content is compelling.
Having a #1 rank on Google, Yahoo! and MSN is not the end of SEO or internet marketing – you need to ensure that your website is usable and most importantly, provides your users with the information they desire. That’s why you need to attract targeted traffic to your website, and SEO does this.
You don’t just want a visitor to come to your site because you sell shoes. You want the visitor to stay on your website and eventually convert because you offer the specific kind of shoes that he or she wants. If not, your visitor will exit your website anyway.
SEO focuses on the theme of your website. The more focused your website is about your products and services, the greater the likelihood users will convert, because when users refine their search queries from 1 keyword to a phrase (keyphrase) to make it more explicit, this really means they know exactly what they want and are ready to take action.